అక్టోబర్ 23, 2014
రాజా రవివర్మ- ఎన్ని విశిష్టతలో!
2. THE FIRST MAN WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR UNTOUCHABLES TO PRAY IN FRONT OF IMAGES OF GODS:
Prior to his time, they were not allowed into temples.
3. THE FIRST MAN CREDITED WITH MAKING THE SARI AS WE KNOW IT TODAY.
4. THE FATHER OF CALENDAR POP ART:
He was the first commercial artist who brought the confines of temples and palaces to the common man. He felt art should be everywhere and so he printed it on mithai and match boxes, calendars, posters and even saris.
5.THE FIRST MAN TO START A COLOUR PRINTING PRESS:
He brought technology into art and became the first man to have started a colour printing press.
6.THE HIGHEST PRICED INDIAN PAINTER EVER:
The art world prices some of his historic works high as even `30 crores.
7. THE ONLY MAN TO HAVE A SPECIAL POST OFFICE TO HANDLE HIS MAIL:
He was so popular that he would get fan mails by the cartloads leading the British government to open a special post office just to handle his mail.
8. THE FIRST INDIAN TO BE AWARDED THE HIGHEST CIVILIAN AWARD `KAISAR-E-HIND’ BY THE COLONIAL GOVERNMENT.
9. THE GRANDFATHER OF INDIAN CINEMA: We all know how Dadasaheb Phalke is considered the father of Indian cinema. But what we may not know is how Dadasaheb Phalke started his career as an apprentice with Raja Ravi Varma and thus, how his paintings had an influence on his early Indian films.